Welcome at sea,
There are three sorts of people: those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea.
As Anacharsis would have set out at 6th century B.C.
Does that mean the Toilers of the Sea should be like ghosts, out of the humanity?Or on contrary are they an essential link of it?
It's what I try to make you feel through my small drawings with colour and a drop of fantasy. So, I invite you to a great coastal ride without any frontier to meet - rust, warp, paint, marline, and pitch - with fishermen and merchant vessels, port facilities and shipyards. All of theim surrounded by the same culture, essential players of the civilizations' development, they are the peoples of the water.
So I broach:
- Marseille en Provence: now 2nd mediterranean port, founded 2600 years ago by these greek seafarers who contributed with phoenicians to build the Mediterranean civilization, the Occident ' s cradle.
- The nourishing river Gulf Stream aged 4 million years, that we risk to stop by less than one century simultaneously to the pack ice. Although it was the route the vikings, the basques and others celts followed to discover North America. Quite before a genoese seafarer made land at Carribean. So is the Gulf Stream, the way of the Occidental civilization's expansion.
- Climates: COP 21, the nth global conference on climate change that affects us all; once again our bigwigs have forgotten the essential, the sea, the main thermal regulator of the planet. Nevertheless hope that finally an effective solution get out of the hat.
- The lords of the river: Without the skill of those expert boatmen, never would have been erected these Egyptian palaces that henceforth we dont visit more...
- Venetes and Venetes: Sharing the same passion of horse, each one of its edge has neverthless turned towards the sea.
But also, welcome to Earth
in this Nature that we do more than mistreat, can
- "Ârtcheese?": some crobards of sculptures ... of Nature - help to love it again.
After a life at sea and around ships, finding again my drawings when I was a kid I have chosen the life of a marine drawer.
ALL WORKS ARE PROTECTED BY INTELLECTUAL LAW. ANY REPRODUCTION AND DUPLICATION IS PROHIBITED.
FOR THE OPERATION, CONTACT THE AUTHOR.TKS.